The Emerging Conservation Professionals Network (ECPN) is seeking candidates for the position of liaison to the Conservators in Private Practice (CIPP) specialty group. This is a one-year term position, with the potential to renew for another year. It is open to early-career conservators who are currently working in private practice and are members of CIPP.
The liaison would join ECPN’s growing Specialty Group Liaison program, and serve as a connection between Specialty Group leadership, ECPs in your specialty group, and the larger ECPN community.
CIPP Duties and Goals:
- Conference Calls with CIPP Officers (first Wednesday of the month)
- Subscribe to CIPP Officer listserv
- Assist with developing CIPP programming targeted toward emerging conservators (such as Annual Meeting programs, webinars, resource guides, blog posts)
- Participate/co-author one CIPP article in AIC News
- Provide content for updating the CIPP website
- Produce a summary of activities for CIPP biannual report to AIC Board of Directors
- Funding may be available to offset the registration costs to attend the annual meeting
- Conference Calls with ECPN Outreach Officers (1-2x/year)
- Conference Calls with ECPN Officers (1-4x/year)
- Disseminate information pertinent to the ECPN community (e.g. BigTent forums andspecialty group listserv)
- Make at least two short entries on BigTent updating the ECPN liaison community on upcoming or successful initiatives
- When appropriate, advocate for ECPs in specialty group meetings and promote specialtygroup initiatives to ECPs
- Assist with the AIC Wiki edit-a-thon on specialty group web pages in consultation with specialty group chair and ECPN
- Provide support to ECPN entries on the AIC blog
- Publicize ECPN webinars (two organized annually)
- If present at the annual AIC meeting, attend the specialty group business meeting and give the ECPN update presentation (talking points will be provided by ECPN Officers); promoting ECPN programming
- Stay connected via Facebook and ECPN posts on the AIC Blog
- Brief Spring Report: a short summary of the work done by the specialty groups and how it affects the ECPN community and how this information was circulated.
Please send a CV and brief statement of interest to ECPN’s Outreach Officers at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 4, 2017.