It is with great enthusiasm that we announce Topics in Photographic Preservation, the Photographic Materials Group (PMG) biennial publication since 1986, is now available online: http://resources.conservation-us.org/pmg-topics/
To date PMG has published 15 volumes of Topics in Photographic Preservation with volume 16 to be printed soon. This new website, managed by PMG with AIC support is hosted by CoOL (Conservation OnLine), and makes volumes 1-14 available to the public online for the first time. Future volumes will continue to be added 2-3 years after their initial publication.
This new Topics website also points users to additional photographic preservation articles published in the Journal of the American Institute for Conservation (JAIC), and other resources created by PMG available for sale via the AIC store (www.conservation-us.org/shop/store-catalogs).
Completing this project has taken significant commitment during our tenures as PMG Chair and Publication Committee Coordinator. That said, there are many that assisted in making this valuable resource possible both before and during our tenures and we would like to thank all those who contributed over the years, especially Brenda Bernier, Paul Messier, Lisa Duncan, Brian Raniewicz, and Bonnie Naugle.
PMG Publications Committee Coordinator
Please also note these conservation publications are freely available on CoOL:
- Book and Paper Annual: http://cool.conservation-us.org/coolaic/sg/bpg/annual/
- Objects Specialty Group Postprints: http://resources.conservation-us.org/osg-postprints/
- Wooden Artifacts Group (through 2006, later articles available in the AIC store): http://cool.conservation-us.org/coolaic/sg/wag/
- ANAGPIC student papers: http://resources.conservation-us.org/anagpic-student-papers/
- Plus ACTS Facts, a newsletter about Arts, Crafts, and Theater Safety (ACTS): http://resources.conservation-us.org/acts-facts/