Deadline for nominations is December 1, 2012.
Please help recognize an outstanding colleague by nominating them for the Paul Banks and Carolyn Harris Award. The award is given to recognize the contribution of a professional preservation specialist who has been active in the field of preservation and/or conservation for library and/or archival materials. The winner will be determined by the person’s accomplishments as they relate to preservation leadership in such activities as:
- Leadership in professional associations at local, state, regional or national level
- Contributions to the development, application or utilization of new or improved methods, techniques and routines
- Evidence of studies or research in preservation
- Significant contribution to professional literature
- Training and mentoring in the field of preservation
To submit a nomination, please send the following to the jury chair by the deadline
- Name of nominee;
- A formal statement of nomination, with a brief rationale for the nomination;
- A resume or narrative career outline upon which the award jury can base its determinations.
Beth Doyle, Jury Chair
b.doyle [at] duke__edu
Duke University Libraries
Letters of endorsement are encouraged and should provide additional evidence of the worthiness of the nominee. Nominations for persons not selected for the award in one year may be updated and resubmitted. Current employees of Preservation Technologies are not eligible.
For complete information on the award including a list of jury members, please visit www.ala.org/alcts/awards/profrecognition/banksharris